Sunday, May 08, 2005

BRAIN??!! - One of the most embarrassing moments...

It was those crazy days of 3rd semester Engg, when I had messed up with academics badly and had an attitude of 'never gonna b a Programmer’ .Labs were for sleepin and njoyin.We had LAN(ancient..DOS based!) in Data Structures Lab & we used to keep on sending messages(I was the culprit to initiate it most of the times).Messages were displayed on the taskbar with a beep sound & u had to press ctrl+enter to delete it.The Ma'm in charge for us was feared by one & all.(Though she was good with me and few others! )
That eventful day as usual in the lab I started sending messages & most of them started doing the same thing. Soon the lab was full of beep beep sounds. Then as Ma'm just went out, sensing the opportunity, I sent THE MSG..(I sent it to all 16(5 gals)with SEND ALL)

"u r the only person to live after donating brain".

I pressed the Enter button & as it was sounding beep beep in all 16 machines ,there entered the dreaded Ma'm!

Caught red-handed in the crime spot....!! But worse was in store...

Bcoz of character limitations on the taskbar the message actually displayed on most of the screens read like this

"u r the only person to live after donating bra"
And to my horror, on some of the screens 'in' was dispalyed in next line..:-(
y the heck din't 'in' fit in the screen..:-(
Cudn't hav been worser(better??!!) than that....

Ma'm(along with the lab instructor) switched off the server, scolded, shouted that she would complain to HOD on our batch..... etc
Everybody got their share of scolding..n it took all my communication skills along with my friend's(partner in crime..sittin next 2 me) to show msg on my pc & to apologize n convince the ma'm.(who was sayin "I wouldn't hav believed if I had not seen with my eyes that u guys did it"!!...)

Then came the worst part....I had to go & individually n convince all the girls(whom I had rarely spoken till that day..) about the message ...
were they convinced??!!..well its history now..n let the history b mystery:-)

Wot Say u?...
Lukin bak...Me says...Never miss an opportunity 2 Njoy..:-)....
Experience the Experience...!!
:-))

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually i was not knowing about this.But our batch isused to send messages in the lab when the inchrge was not there.
I went back to college days when i read this article.
Do send these kind of e-mails/messages so that we should not forget the our goldendays spirit,ineresst.. all the best