Thursday, May 19, 2005

Journey of thots...

The moment I get to sit in a bus I sleep.But that day(night in fact) when I was on the way to home I dint.That little fella sittin next to me initiated a conversation.I felt somewhat strange bcoz most of the times I speak to people first.That boy Rohan(6-8 years old) was charmin.I could match his wavelength.We immediately struck a chord...chatted abt lotsa things, school, friends, hobbies, interests...
He made me recall my gud old school days...days of pure joy n fun.
Whoever said that 'Innocence is a bliss' must be right...
That kid liked lot many things...(Jus like me?!)...comp games...Cricket, football,WWF...
And he wanted to be software engineer...n I cud c the glint in his eyes wen I said that I am a Software Engineer.He was treatin me like a hero...though bein a software pro has lost its cult status once it used njoy...
At once he said he fights with his sister, pointing towards her sitting little far...
n she smiled..wow..time stopped for a moment...!
my effort to present the most charmin smile possible, was cut short by a stare of her mother sittin next to her..:-)
I recalled "u may break u may shatter the vase if u will, but the scent of roses linger there still..."
His questions were engaging with the curiosity of child, ranging from "how tough it is to become a Software Engineer?" to "When I go to work at office,Can I play when I am free?"(I dint tel him..thats wot u do most of the times!!)...
It was so tough to answer his questions in a way he understands without dampening his spirit/giving wrong info that it turned out to be a real eye opener for me "how tough and how imp the role of a teacher"...
After convincing him that he has to and he will become a software engineer, we went into sleep.
I had to get down on the way,@ 4AM...to my home in the deep forest...
As it always happens when the bus stops in the middle of thick forest, dark outside, the people who were born and brought up in cities get scared...
After the customary thanx to the driver and conductor for stoppin, I got down into the cold darkness...
That short walk to home is one of the things I enjoy most.
I dont let anybody from home to wait for me and pick me up from there and I make it a point not to take out the torch.
I love to feel that feelin...the darkness...the sound of the river beside...the joy of nearin home...a sudden strange sound makin u think of all the wild animals, a cold breeze causing a chill down the spine...that sound of bamboos whining makin' u recall all the stories of ghosts...that familiar strangely pleasant smell increasing the heartbeat..
well, words and languages have limitations...

I was lost in thots...abt the innocence...the pros n cons of bein a software pro...and yeah HER SMILE...till Raakhi (my black doberman doggy) came running to welcome me.She still remembers the tricks I taught her in her first 6 months when I was her strict trainer.Very much unlike we humans who forget things learnt n people so easily...
Well it was time for short n sweet sleep of the mornin...

No comments: